maanantai 30. huhtikuuta 2012

Vapaan tikkauksen haaste huhtikuu - FMQ challenge April


I have to admit that my efforts for the free-motion quilting challenge have sofar been utterly insufficient. I don't understand where I waste my time during the beginning of the month because I always have the feeling that this month I've plenty of time to practice - and then I wake up to notice that the month is gone and nothing is achieved.

Yesterday I did, however try to catch up with it - I had seen the video right after it got published - and took out some tulle to work with the pattern provided. I like the way it is used to transfer the pattern onto the quilt, and it is easy. This is a technique that I've been missing, so it is going to be rally useful. The greatest challenge comes when I try to free-motion quilt along the marked lines. It is really hard, but I know that it is due to lack of practice, so it's not a mission impossible... I noticed that for me it was easier with the small triangular petals to stitch it in a different order than what was given in the pattern.

I had hoped to manage another practice piece of this, but unfortunatelly it isn't possible with the time line of this challenge, so I'm going to post my first experiment. It isn't to grand, but it shows that I have tried...

It always looks better after the blue markings have disappeared.


***************************************
 
Poikkeuksellisesti kirjoitin tähän postaukseen ensiksi englantia, kun linkitän sen tuonne FMQ-haasteeseen.

Vapaan tikkauksen haasteessa opeteltiin huhtikuussa siirtämään tikkausmalli työhön tyllin avulla - todella mielenkiintoinen, helppo ja hyödyllinen tekniikka, joka täytyy lisätä työkalupakkiin... Mallin siirto ei ollut ongelma, ongelmat alkoivat vasta siinä vaiheessa, kun piti yrittää pysyä viivalla, ja pahenivat kun piti yrittää tikata takaisin päin ommelviivaa pitkin... Huomasin, että minun oli helpompi tehdä tikkaus vähän toisessa järjestyksessä: nuo pienet kolmiomaiset lehdykät olisi pitänyt tikata niin, että ulkoreunalla mennään edestakaisin. Yhden niin teinkin, mutta sitten kokeilin mennä edestakaisin alareunoja pitkin, ja siellä "horjuminen" ei mielestäni näytä niin pahalta. Ja tuota viivalla pysymistäkin pitäisi vaan harjoitella ja harjoitella, ei se muusta kiikasta... Vakaa tarkoitus oli tehdä vielä lisää näitä harjoitteita, mutta ei vaan aikataulu anna nyt periksi...

Onneksi kaikki näyttää ainakin hitusen paremmalta, kun merkinnät on häivytetty...

 




 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti